Then and Now at RISD
Rocksprings High School 1930s.
The Rocksprings School District was a common district until May 25, 1923 when an act of the Legislature of Texas created the Rocksprings Independent School District. The first story of the rock building that later became two stories was put to use in 1916. The first trustees were Mark Bean, president; J.N. Whitworth, secretary and T.C. Hampton.
The first school bus system was established in August, 1925 when the trustees purchased two Ford trucks equipped with tops. These were used on the Kerrville and Del Rio highways. Later, buses were put on the Sonora and Junction highways. This system didn’t last long as the roads were too bad.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition https://etypeservices.com/Rocksprings%20RecordID237/